1. Practice Mindfulness: Put the Phone down! Be in the moment with the people you are with. By staying in the moment there is less time to worry and it keeps you focused. You may find as you stay in the moment you become more productive.
2. Look for the Silver Lining: When you are constantly looking for the good in every situation, it’s a lot harder to be negative. Focus on what you can do and what you can change and let the rest go!
3. Write a Gratitude list: Write down all the things that you are grateful for in your life. In doing this, you are training yourself to focus on the good rather than the bad. When you see it in black and white it is a lot harder to find the negative with all that gratitude in play.
4. Breathe: sometimes, just taking a minute to take a few deep breaths can help you to center yourself and your thoughts and continue on your path to positivity. Slowly breath in through your nose for 4 seconds and exhale through your mouth for 4 seconds. Repeat 4 to 5 times. Do it, you won’t regret it!
5. Laugh: Laughter really is the best medicine. If you can find humor in a situation, you can definitely find positivity. Laughter causes our body to release oxytocin- the feel good chemical in our bodies.
Why should you have a more positive mindset? It lowers your stress and anxiety levels. Depression lessons. The power of a positive mindset is indescribable. It will change your life!
What are some ways that help you keep a positive mindset?
Read more of my blog here